If you’re ready to refurnish but feeling a bit overwhelmed about where to start, take a look at our alphabet-inspired site refurnishing checklist for some key basics to consider first.
Site Refurnishing Checklist
Assess lighting – Lighting can be easily overlooked during a site refurbishment, but this is an ideal time to evaluate it.
- Maximize natural light with clean, unobstructed windows.
- Ensure that ambient lighting is warm, inviting and reaches all corners of your site.
Boost your space – Keep your site looking as open and inviting as possible, even if you have a small footprint.
- Choose displays designed to take advantage of vertical space to create a roomier feel.
- Use mirrors or an accent wall to create the illusion of more space.
Curtail clutter – Your customers won’t be comfortable in cramped or cluttered areas without enough personal space.
- Don’t choose displays that are too bulky, and ensure that furniture and fixtures aren’t too crowded in your space.
- Choose the right waste receptacles – both inside and outside your site – to help keep trash where it belongs. Commercial Zone has a variety of trash containers perfect for any space.
Direct the flow – You can use furniture, displays and fixtures to keep your customers on a strategic path that helps control the flow of foot traffic.
- Retail, commercial or hospitality locations can do this with a waiting area featuring comfortable seating. Commercial Zone has some nice options for outdoor bench seating.
- Convenience and retail stores can do this with seasonal displays or signage between aisles.
Evaluate checkout or reception desk area – Ensure that your checkout or reception counter is clearly visible.
- The checkout or reception area should be unobstructed and offer enough room for merchandise or personal belongings.
- Use the backwall space as an opportunity to reinforce your brand, because it’s likely the last thing your customer will see before they leave your site.
Follow the right-hand rule – In North America, 90% of consumers will subconsciously turn right when they enter a business. So this is an important space to consider because it will create a highly-visible first impression.
- Place a high-impact display here with seasonal or high-demand merchandise.
- Capture your customers’ attention with promotional signage here.
Looking for more advice for site furnishings as you refurnish your site? Contact us today so we can assess your unique situation.